Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sew My Stash 2015 March Challenge. It's on!!

Woo!!!
It's March, the heat's back on (after three weeks, brrr!), and the Sun is shinin'! Now what could be better than that??
I know what!! Another Sew My Stash 2015 Throwdown!!

You haven't seen me here for awhile, 'cause it was too cold to sit next to the window, without heat, and type. But that doesn't mean that I didn't accomplish anything during February! No, I and my handy dandy sit-upon heating pad manned up and got it done!!

So here are my finishes for February for the Sew My Stash 2015. Eat your hearts out, they're all going as gifts to other folks!!

First up is my mini quilt for Madi at Shop Corner 52. We were partners in the #BitchesgetstitchesSwap. If the hashtag doesn't give enough of a clue, it was a swap of items that were bawdy, or swearing. I tell ya, I learned that there is a whole world out there about which I knew nothing!! Check out the #bitchesgetstitchesswap hashtag on Instagram and roll down the feed for alot of fun! But I'm warning you... Some of the items will light your eyes on fire!! Who knew the Brits and Aussies were so naughty??!

I will do an entire post on the construction of this mini. Such great paper piecing patterns from Quiet Play!

Second, I completed this mini wall hanging for a friend, but noone gets to see the whole thing until she has received it. Lol!! But you know I'll fill you in as soon as she does!
Velvet ribbon!! I just cannot get enough of it! 

Then, I finished this purse for my Niecey... I was pattern testing the pattern for The Littlest Thistle, so I can only give you a glimpse. A full reveal will occur when she releases the pattern. All I can say is, WOW!! Katy really puts alot of time and thought into her patterns, and it sure shows when you make them! Easy Peasy!!! Now I have two more that I have to make!! Lol!

Somebody's watchin' you! Sing it!

And, last, but certainly not least, I was a participant in a Round Robin quilt exchange with my quilting ladies, and I finished the last quilt. Woo!! We had our exchange last Wednesday, and I will do a complete post on all 8 of the quilts. They are AMAZING!!!! The one I received, is the best. I'm just sayin'. 
This is Rebecca's quilt. Have you been in a Round Robin exchange? I'd love to hear your stories!!

AND NOW...
MARCH'S SEW MY STASH 2015 THROWDOWN!!!

Ok, Anita!!! Here I go!! I challenge you to complete your list before I do mine.... or I owe you CHOCOLATE!!!
That's right!!! CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE!
(and no fair cheating, what with the stakes being so high, and all!!) ;)

I will complete:
1) The pattern for Cheeky Lattice, for Fat Quarterly. The top has been done for a month, and it is killing me to not show you all!!!! SOONNN!!!!!!! My quilting lady Denise, a fibre artist extraordinaire, is quilting it. But I still have to do the actual work of writing the instructions. 

2) PJ Pants. I. WILL. complete. a. pair. Even if it kills me. Which it might. I am not showing a pic of the materials, because I will probably change my mind twice, and make them out of entirely different stash than I originally intended. No wise cracks about my having a stash big enough to have several options in pj potential yardage ;)

3) Box Car Tote: Or TWO!!

What a nice sized tote to carry all of your stuff to retreats and sewing days!  One for me and one for ??? I'm taking a class with my quilty peeps from the SewAlaskan instagrammers. Fun!!! 
This is my project for  A Lovely Year of Finishes over at Sew Bittersweet Designs. 

4) Another Mini Messenger Bag, or two!!! Here are my stash pulls for them. What do you think??
Flap of Anna Marie Horner Echinacea, body of Aubergine and blue, gusset of aubergine, interior of Alison Glass.

AND


Flap of Joel Dewberry mod, interior of Alison Glass at left, pocket of Pickle, exterior of Kona Charcoal, flap lining of Kona Teal Shade. I tell you, these things are worse than potato chips! You can't make just one!!


6) I am also incredibly honored to have been asked to participate in the International blog hop for Oakshott Fabrics new line, Scandinavia.
Oh my!!! Aren't they completely Delicious??!!!


Oakshott fabrics are shot cottons, which means that the warp and weft are two different colors. This gives them an iridescent glow and a luxuriousness that is really so lovely. I like them better than my Kaffe Fasset shot cottons, because they are softer to the hand, and are such a nice weight. Perfect!!
I cannot wait to get started on this project!! Woo!

I hope you had a Fabulous February and are ready for a Marvelous March!!
XX!
Lori

 Linking up with:

Fresh Sewing Day




4 comments:

  1. Well, first of all, your friend who is receiving that mini with the velvet ribbon is very lucky! It looks beautiful and it's all Bonnie & Camille! Now, as for our throwdown I think I shall have to write a blog post and list more items because I only listed the Cotton + Steel Scout quilt on Instagram. Hmmm. That is quite a list you have there. And I do like chocolate immensely. Although my butt is getting immensely large. LOL! I just finished my Sweet and Salty Easter Swap open wide pouch this evening so that can't count. I'm thinking of sewing a Charm Dash Quilt for my Etsy shop. I will work on my list some more. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we all love your butt, just as it is. I'm just sayin'!

      Delete
  2. I am definitely looking forward to seeing the quilts from the round robin exchange - Rebecca's looks wonderful! The Oakshots challenge sounds like a lot of fun, too. Happy stitching! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay heat and butt warmers! I think what you really meant to say was 'who knew the north Americans were such prudes ;o)' We exported you all with perfectly bad language, not our fault the Aussies, Kiwis and South Africans were the only ones that chose to retain it :oD

    ReplyDelete