Monday, June 9, 2014

WHAT COLOR IS YOUR SUMMER? A Winner, and a Blog Hop!!


What color is your Summer?
When I think of Early Summer, I think of wild sweet peas, growing in glorious profusion alongside country roads…





 I think of Johnny Jump Ups waving cheerily from secret nooks and crannies where they have grown from seed broadcast by their parents, the year before,







You never know quite where they will spring up, but it’s always a delight.

I think of Soft greeny greys of willow catkins cavorting in the breezes,







I dream of long green days punctuated with delight by dandelions,
     





And of the HEADY scent of wild roses spreading
Along sunny woodland paths,
                 




And I SHARE the joy of the new green shoots on Celery and once bare roots.
       




If you were making a quilt to celebrate Summer the Whole Year Round, what Colors would YOU use? What pattern? A Lattice? Improv? Grandma’s Flower Garden? I would love to see your quilts!!

Hope your Summer/Fall is going FABULOUSLY!!!




The Winner of the Canvas Pattern and two fat quarters is....

True Random Number Generator  18Powered by RANDOM.ORG
Emily Carnes!!!! I have emailed you, Emily.

Please check out the New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop
The participants are astounding!!!





XXOO!
LORI
linking up with Sew Cute Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment