Friday, November 7, 2014

Super Easy Pouch

It's another Finish It Up Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts!! 
Go see the awesome little pouch she finished, and check out what other bloggers in the blogosphere have completed this week!!

Today, I have items that I made for the Very Cherry Swap to show you, because my roller derby queen partner received them, and I've been dying to share!


My very first pouch! Wow, they are
so easy and versatile. I will definitely
be making a lot more!
This one is not lined, but that is super easy to do, and should not keep you from making purses or bags. 
I used a fusible fleece stabilizer, which I ironed to the fabric, BEFORE I cut the pattern pieces. That way, you don't get gunky gluey stuff all over your iron and every iota of your fabric is properly stabilized. Woot!
I also made this little number. It is a shameless copy of an adorable mini by @lolablueocean. You have GOT to check out her work. Astounding!! My swap partner had pinned this mini on Pinterest for other swaps, and I wanted to be sure she actually ended up with one.
This was the first wall hanging, and applique, I have ever done. See how swaps stretch you  in such good ways??
 If it wasn't for this swap, I would have left applique on the wishful, Stupenda Quilt I'll make Someday, list.
Now I can't get enough of making little, delicious, colorful, cheery quilts for the wall.
I hope you give it a try!

And here is the whole kit and kaboodle of what I 
sent to my swap partner..


And here is the quilt, hanging out in its
new home. In Scotland!!!

And here is what I received in return. I think she nailed it, don't you?!!

Have you joined in any online swaps? I cannot tell you how much you NEED TO!
Not only do you receive top quality, and super cool stuff from someone half way across the world, but you meet many more awesome quilty minded friends during the process. 
So, if you don't make any other promises to yourself, please make one to join an online swap.
It's so EASY! Just check out Bloglovin or Instagram and search the word Swap. I'm pretty sure you won't get results back that will frighten you ;) And it will open up a whole new world of on line and in person friends you never knew were there. 

XX!!
Get out there and take over the World!
Lori

4 comments:

  1. What a great gift package. The pouch is wonderful. That wall hanging is special indeed. I'd love to do more swaps...I usually get there at the end of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet!! Sounds like I should check out swaps on instagram! thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swaps are great for pushing you into trying new things, and looks like you had a fab swap all round (although I'm laughing that your partner sent a Yankee Candle to America ;o) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome finishes! You did a great job and the wall hanging is gorgeous. Love it!

    ReplyDelete